To invite the fall weather, I wanted to change it up this Tea Time Tuesday by presenting you guys a contest.
Thinking of you, we went ahead and bought some loose leaf chai tea and small trinkets for you to enjoy. If you win, we’ll send you a sample pouch of tea (enough to make 8-10 servings) and other tea-making supplies.
Here’s how it goes:
- Make any food item you want using at least 3 typical chai tea ingredients: black tea, cinnamon, ginger, cardamom, allspice, cloves, vanilla, and black pepper.
- Take a nice, clean photo and invest time into your presentation. It doesn’t matter if you have a DSLR or a camera phone. Just make the food look edible. (Here are some food photography tips via Vegan Yum Yum).
- Submit your entries here. Be sure to include (a) at least one photo, (b) your three chai ingredients, (c) your own recipe, and (d) the story behind your idea. Optionally, you can link us to your food blog or professional site if you have one. We will post these publicly once you submit.
- We will be judging on creativity. Make something that has never been done before and try not to adapt recipes. We want to see what you can create.
- Submissions close on Monday, October 31. Winners will be announced on Friday, November 4.
Winners and prizes:
- There will be three winners for this contest. Natalie and I will recreate all three of the winners’ recipes and feature them on the blog, then evaluate their rankings.
- First prize: 0.8 oz chai tea, your choice Pier 1 mug, and tea infuser/strainer.
- Second prize: 0.8 oz chai tea and tea infuser/strainer.
- Third prize: 0.8 oz chai tea.
Make sure to reblog this and let your friends know about the contest!
P.S. If you have any questions, aim ‘em here.